Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WWW Wednesdays (August 17)


To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?


I don't usually do this "bookish meme" (oh, how I hate the word meme) but since laziness got the better of me yesterday and I didn't do a Teaser Tuesday I decided to give this one a whirl.

• What are you currently reading?
I'm currently reading "Pnin" by Vladimir Nabokov, best known for writing "Lolita."  I'm not very far into the book but so far the it's a clever and funny look into a pathetic professor's life.  Humor doesn't normally age well but this 1953 book is still hilarious and I'm looking forward to getting back to reading it.

• What did you recently finish reading?
I recently went on a mini South American writer kick and read "Ficciones" by Jorge Luis Borges (which I loved) and "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho (which I didn't).  The reviews will be forthcoming as soon as I can force myself to sit down and write more than three coherent sentences in a row.

• What do you think you’ll read next?
The next book I'll tackle largely depends on how long it will take to finish "Pnin".  If I finish "Pnin" before Friday I'll probably read "Mao II," a book by one of my favorite authors, Don DeLillo, that has been sitting in my to-read pile and tempting me for about a month.  Otherwise I'll read "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac next in conjunction with a long road trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment